Start your claim >>

Criminal Injury Claims

Don’t let the criminals win - claim compensation now

When you have been the victim of a violent crime, knowing where to turn next is the hard part. You’re probably focusing on the psychological trauma of the situation first and foremost, which is understandable. Following this, you may be interested to know that you could be eligible to claim 100% compensation for your criminal injury suffering.

If you have been injured due to a violent crime, you need a specialist criminal injury specialist to handle the claim. This type of claim is different to that of a personal injury claim, and it’s important that the solicitor you choose recognises this.

It is estimated that only 1 in 20 criminal injury sufferers actually claim for compensation. The figure is so low because many feel scared and daunted by the prospect of filing a claim of this nature. The traumatic events are enough to deal with for many and it can feel like there is nowhere to turn. If you talk to us though, we can help you claim financial compensation for the criminal injury you have suffered, which can start to make life just that little bit more bearable. We understand that recovery from a violent crime on yourself or a loved one can take a long time and it’s not an overnight process. Not only will we fight for your monetary gain, we will also provide care and support to those that have suffered.

Before you call us to file your claim, it is important that you can tick off the following points which will then help us process your claim quickly:

  • Medical advice issued
  • Reported to the police
  • The crime occurred within the last 2 years

Because of the complexity of criminal injury claims, it’s crucial that you gain as much evidence as possible before making your claim. Some people don’t know where to start with gathering the evidence they need, particularly if they were alone when the violent crime took place. It is advisable to speak to the Police in the first instance and get the appropriate medical help required.

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority

Although some decide to make a criminal injury compensation claim against the person who attacked them, in most cases you will decide to make your personal injury claim through the CICA (Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority) which is a government funded scheme, although this isn’t always necessary in certain circumstances such as if an adult decided to claim for abuse they suffered as a child.

Some criminal injury claims are the result of sexual abuse or physical assault and you may feel trapped, alone and afraid to tell anyone about what happened. This form of abuse needs to be stamped out, and by telling someone you will be doing a good thing for your own well-being as well as giving others hope that they too can recover from the trauma.

Complete our 30 second test and find out how much your claim might be worth Find out how much is your claim worth Take the 30 second test >>